Saturday, November 21, 2009

Wow, Diane is doing much better. == Lane

OK, we have been so happy the past couple of days that we were lax with the blog. As most know Diane receive a traciotomy in ICU. As she started to try and talk it was lip reading 101. We were all frustrated! Weds. she was transferred to Utah Valley Specialty Hospital in north Provo. She has excelled here. As of yesterday, she was hooked up to some contraption that allows her to talk. When I got here around 11 am she was asleep and was so for about 1 hour. I watched her for a bit and did some Internet business.
Well, it is wonderful to talk with her. We are talking family, friends, prayers, what she has been through and, of course, listening to BYU football. Go Cougs.
I have started to read her blog to her. We got through the first week of entries by Christy. It brought back memories and tears to us.
She needed some rest so we shut down the blog and she went to sleep. I thought it a good time to update the blog.
Once again, thank you all for supporting Diane and us. Your calls, food offerings, comments in the blog (which Diane really enjoys, prayers etc. have sustained and blessed all our family.
Diane will be able to have visitors soon. We will let you know when as Diane strengthens. To us all this is wonderful, even miraculous. When you next see her she will look tired, but will be able to communicate with you. To us, we saw her 5 weeks ago on death's door. Wow, are we happy and blessed.... Lane

5 comments:

  1. What wonderful news! Diane, I wish I were there in Provo to come see you....and most of my grandkids! Please call Jill when you can have visitors. She does not get the internet at home, so I don't know if she gets this blog. I'm sure Clyde would like to come see you too. You are a fighter! Keep up the good work. We love you.
    Jonna Lu and Dale

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane and Family,
    We are so happy to hear that you are doing well at UVSH. To look back over the past several weeks, it has been nothing short of a miracle. Seeing you initially in the ICU clinging to life, and then to see how far you have progressed in just the last week is truly amazing.
    We think about you many many times a day. Wendie put your name again in the Bountiful Temple this morning, (along with Mom's). We are happy to hear that you have a "voice". On one of Wendie’s visits while you were in the ICU, she said it was wonderful to see your sense of humor. She said that when she told you about “my procedure” being in the ward bulletin, that you quietly reacted with your raised eyebrows and she could see you chuckling inside with your mannerisms of laughter. It was such a wonderful moment to know you understood who we were and that you were really back with us! We love you Diane. Please know we check the blog many times daily and are anxious to hear any news. Thank you Lane and Christy for taking the time to keep all of us up to date with Diane's condition. I know it has been a great sacrifice, but it has been a real help for those of us who are not able to be there everyday. If we could bop down there everyday Diane, please know that we would. Here is a hug from all of us! Reed, Wendie, and family

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY.. Were SO glad to be hearing some good news. Diane, you sure have been through A LOT. Were praying for ya and hoping for the best. When you get to have visitors myself and my Mom Gloria would LOVE to come and visit.

    It's a TRUE MIRACLE at how well you are doing. What a great Thanksgiving. Diane, we love you.. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so happy to see something on the blog this morning. I knew you were busy with the move and all but I was anxious. What a thrill to hear of your progress and especially the blessing of a voice. What I would have given to have had that miracle with Reed. I know you have a lot of work ahead of you but know that my prayers will be with you all the way. Much love, Marilyn C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane,
    I just heard about your condition 1 1/2 weeks ago. Marjan F. gave me your website, so I am trying to figure out how to post a comment to you. I am so glad you are making good progress. My prayers are with you. Love, Debbie A.

    ReplyDelete