Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Neurology at it's finest

Can I say I was not all too impressed with the less than stellar answers I received from the neurologist today? I'm sorry but I can plainly say that long pauses and breathy answers are not sources of comfort to any person with concern. My conversation consisted of me trying to pry information from him. He told me ,"these are all really great questions but unfortunately I don't have any great answers." Hmmm...I think this is a theme, one that I'm not all too intersted in pursuing. It is concerning that we haven't seen improvments mentally. The theory is that if we have marked improvements physically that the metal state will follow suit.

Antibiotic changes were once again made yesterday. White blood cell count is down today coming in at about 23,000 and no fever. All great things. I felt like yesterday her eyes might have been tracking a little. I'm sure the nurses and staff who could see in thought I was nuts because I kept going from side to side of her bed. I wanted to see if she would follow my voice and turn her head when I spoke. I'd like to believe that she was following me. Today her eyes weren't too wide. I think she was tired. They were really working her on the ventilator and she was exhausted. Tonight she will have a break. A little time to regain some strength will be good.

She once again had a priesthood blessing this evening. I am so grateful to the bishop and stake president for their placement of power on her behalf. I feel very strongly that prayers, fasting and faith is not lacking, thank you for that. I feel strengthened, I think we all need that to carry on. We know that everything that we are experiencing is part of the Lord's plan and we all knew it wouldn't be easy.

Life is fragile. For as often as that phrase is used you'd think we'd believe it. It's amazing how easy it is to take life, family and the simples blessings that are afforded each of us for granted. It's not until you experience something so life altering that you really stop to think. It's the precious moments of life that we remember, the simple joys. I examine my own life now. You just don't know how permanent anything is. I think of all that is mine and how blessed I have been to know love and happiness in it's truest form.

2 comments:

  1. Every year we felt blessed to have had Trent in our lives, almost 27 years of a party and it was taken from us. I guess part of me wanted to believe that he could/would never die- though I knew he would one day because we all do. I felt the same with Cheryl, the only one who has the answers is the man upstairs. How wonderful like you said is it to have the power of the priesthood.. Were so blessed to have the atonement and gospel. Your mom is in good hands with YOU there. We often felt the same way sitting at the hospital, many times we told them something was not right and many many times they did not listen. If you feel your not getting answers tell them you want to be talked to and not ho hummed around.. We found that all too often.. many times my Mom would have to go in and tell the Dr. it was time to talk. My heart is full for you, We love you guys and we love your mom, Like I said before let me know if you need any help with your kids. I am here, love you and hang in there- were praying for you guys and your sweet mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I send my love to you and your family. I hope you know how much we care. We pray for your mom and you as well that you will all be physically and emotionally sustained during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete