Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Miracles happen every day

The therapist that had evaluated Mom yesterday to see whether she qualified for therapy on the 12th floor came in again this evening and asked her to do a few things with her arms and legs....she was amazed. She told me she had never see this much progress so quickly in anyone. She was moving her fingers today which she couldn't do even yesterday. She was lifting her arms and legs with a fair amount of ease. To say I didn't believe in miracles would be like denying everything I know to be true. I truely felt through this that even her survival would take a miracle and to see her now it's truely unbelievable. The tender mercies of our Savior are so evident.

This therapist told us tonight that she can instead of moving to Utah Valley stay within the hospital for therapy. I was baffled, they told us yesterday that it wasn't possible and so we have spent the last 24 hours getting her excited for the change. I asked her why they didn't give us that option yesterday when we were making the decision and she said simply that she had improved so much that she now qualifies to stay. I talked to Mom about it tonight and she still wants Utah Valley so that's where we are headed....to Happy Valley. She can hardly wait to get out and I certainly don't blame her. We have much to look toward as far as improvement but to see what has taken place is so encouraging. I could never have imagined the strength that she possesses. A perfect example of enduring to the end.

3 comments:

  1. Your strength in the Lord is so evident through your post today. What an excellent tribute to your mother, who I'm sure taught you that! I am so happy to hear that success is coming your way. Please send my love again, and know that I am with you in prayer. Love - Benny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great news. Good job Diane! Do they sell Mountain Dew in Happy Valley?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course they sell Mountain Dew in Happy Valley and I am so excited that Diane is coming down here. Let me know when I can go and see her. I am so proud of all that she has accomplished so far and for the strength and testimony of her family. She is a wonderful person and I know that the Lord is so mindful of her and what she needs. Tell Diane to keep up the great work and I will see her soon. Love, Karen Brooks

    ReplyDelete