Saturday, November 7, 2009

Saturday: Morning 8:30 AM - Lane (Husband)

Came into the room @ 8:30 this morning. Set down my computer and went to Diane's bedside. She had her eyes closed and seemed to be sleeping. I took her hand and gave her a squeeze. She slowly opened her eyes. I moved closer to her and started talking to her. Her eyes focused on me. It was not that blank stare she has had. Her eyes moved away for a few seconds. I kept talking. Telling her she has had pneumonia and infection. How her family and friends are praying for her. Her eyes slowly drifted back to mine. WOW!
The nurse just came in. I told her I got an eye response. She told me that Nancy (sister) and Bryan were in yesterday and that she nodded to questions. WOW! The first responses from Diane in 2 1/2 weeks. It is like Christmas! No, better than Christmas since our time leading up to this 'event' has not been exciting like Christmas. The time has been scary...dreadful. It has usurped my energy and my focus.
Now I am excited and hopeful. The nurse is changing 'connection's into her arm. I told her to make sure and turn on the Tabernacle Choir program tomorrow @ 9:30. Nurse says Christy told her to turn on Matlock too. Our nurse today Alese and she is originally from Boston. She is a skier and moved out here to be close to the hills. Meet her husband online here.
Well, enough of that. Thanks for your prayers. We are hoping for continued improvement. Diane is resting now. She looks very tired. Lane

9 comments:

  1. YAY! Good news... We are continuing to pray.. Keep us posted on this new progress.. What a great day for you guys.. Here's too more..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great news Lane! We'll keep praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lane and family,
    Granny Beverly called me last week to let me know what has been happening with my dear friend Diane and I was stunned. My thoughts and prayers have been with all of you ever since. Lane, thank you for your wonderful update today and thanks to Christy for this daily blog. Diane's mom told me that it would be best if I did not go to the hospital to see her, but I have wanted to jump in the car and come to Murray all week. Please know that we are praying and hoping for the best possible outcome for sweet Diane. I look forward to coming down as soon as she is able to to have a visit from an old friend! Please give her a hug for me and tell her that I love her and hope to see her soon.
    Warmest wishes to all of the Clark and Dixon families.

    Karen Anderson Jeppesen and family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lane & Family, This is terrific and wonderful news. I hope that Diane just continues to do better each and every day. I am so hopeful and praying for a great outcome. I was able to talk to Kathy Fuller on the phone and I gave her the info for this web site. I am so glad that you have posted it and I will be watching each day for updates. Know that my prayers are with Diane and all of you. Tell her hello for me. Let me know when she is able to have visitors. I'd love to come up and see her. Love, Karen (Marcus) Brooks

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is wonderful news. Thank you so much for keeping us all posted. We love Aunt Diane and you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such good news! We all appreciate the updates. Lots of love.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Miraculous is a word we use as an adjective to casually - but certainly it can be used appropriately regarding Diane and her struggles and fight for this progress. May the Lord continue to strenghthen all of you along with our dear Diane. Thank you so much for this blog site and for taking the time to update. Our love and prayers will continue in your behalf,
    Rhonda & Doug Neiswender

    ReplyDelete
  8. that's wonderful news! we love you guys and we'll continue to keep you and your mom in our prayers. call if you need anything at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Matt Hickman, Pappy O'Daniel is my Blogger Name. Wishing you the best

    ReplyDelete