Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Wednesday October 28th

It's apparent to me today how much the way I feel is very dependant on the nurse that is with my mom on any particular day. We've had many. Today the doctor's didn't give me a whole lot to go on. They have all been wonderful and very diligent in speaking to me and answering my questions but much of what it happening is a question not only to us but to the doctors as well. Her white blood cell count is 37,000. Up again today. I find myself just in awe at how this could have even happened.

They have been culturing her blood, urine, and in her respiratory tract. Today the nurse pulled up her charts and it's clearly showing that she has a strep and staph infection. This is on top of everything that she came in with. These bacterial infections she has contracted since being in ICU. She is on broad spectrum antibiotics that should be able to treat these strains. We are praying that this is indeed the case. Hope is all we need. She is still sedated with the breathing tube. They want her to be comfortable while she continues to fight a good fight. We love you mom.

3 comments:

  1. Aunt Diane is constantly in our prayers and thoughts. We put her name on the prayer roll of the Oquirrh Mountain Temple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that you are all in our thoughts and prayers during this most difficult time. I love your mom so much and have been so grateful for the love and kindess she has showed me since I have joined this family. She is truly a wonderful person and it just breaks my heart to hear that she is suffering at this time. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do to help. You can reach Matt at 360-597-8580 or me at 360-597-8320. We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that you all are going through this. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete