Monday, October 26, 2009

Monday October 26th

Mom looks good today. She seemed positioned well and peaceful as they have continued to keep her sedated. It's going to be at least a few more days with the breathing tube but she was having some productive coughing. It was interesting to see her cough without making a single noise. The nurse and respitory therapist seem to be keeping her suctioned well and she has really been clearing out.

One thing that concerns me every time I see her is her lips. Today they looked the best they had so I was really pleased. Her nurse Jessi is really looking after her. I had her clean her teeth again although I know they do brush them, it made me feel better to see her do it again.

She is stable and that is comforting. The biggest hurdle that we seem to be facing is the infection that she has that has yet to be identified. Her white blood cell count is 30,000 where you and I that are healthy are about 10,000. They know there is infection plaguing her body but it isn't responding to the antibiotics that she has been receiving. As of this afternoon, they switched things up to some drugs that can aggressively attack more types of bacteria. We are praying tonight that when blood tests start coming in tomorrow that their is a noticeable change in her white blood cell count. I think at that point we would know that we have turned a corner and we are going to get this. I am so proud of my mom, I think how grateful we are everyday to know that she's ours..... forever. Thank you for your prayers and concern for our mom......Christy

4 comments:

  1. Christy,
    Thank you for starting this blog. Vicki has been emailing us daily updates. We are praying for you guys and especially for your mom. Please give her lots of love from Maryland.
    Love,
    Ashkii, Brooke, and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christy...
    Thank you for the updates. I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this. Please let me know if there is anything that you need.
    Lucie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Christy- It's Steph Nydegger. Thanks for keeping us posted. I've talked to Kaylin about your mom a lot over the last week. You guys are in our thoughts and prayers and we hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a positive turn in someways- I know how big of a roller coaster ICU is.. Being that my daughters were in the NICU and then Trent was there for over 2 months. If you ever get a guy nurse named Curtis, he was a serious saint for us and for Trent. My heart goes out to you. I am thinking of you guys. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete