Monday, October 26, 2009

Sunday's Report

I had a long talk with the Dr. last night. I am nodding and listening but after everything is explained I feel like I've missed everything. Being an advocate for someone in this situation I've decided is like being a "MSI" or medical scene investigator. The one thing I am inexcusably always lacking is my notebook. Processing the details of this is harder than I ever imagined. Hope is the only thing that we need to keep going. We have hope....mom is a fighter.

With every new day and every shift change brings new challenges. We are rehashing over the same things, looking for changes and learning that even doctor's don't know everything and in some cases they know nothing. We want nothing more than to know mom is being taken care of in the best way possible. We know she doesn't mean to any of the nurses or doctors what she does to us so that is why we are there...everyday. We know she is in good hands, but she's not in ours.

At this point they are baffled as to what is causing the continued infection in her body and the inflammation in her lungs. There is also concern for her heart. They are treating her with blood thinners to prevent clots and just looking endlessly for an explanation. We are praying today for them to find the cause or explanation so they can treat her. Her kidneys and liver have made improvements.....we are grateful.

4 comments:

  1. Clark family: I am so concerned for Diane. She and you are in my thoughts and prayers every day. I know of the anxiety of being in the ICU day after day and I'm so sorry you have to do that. Please tell Diane I love her and need my visiting teacher to get well and come back to visit me. Much love, Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart just aches for you guys. I will never ever forget the days, minutes and hours we were there with Trent. What room is she in? I am so so sorry, I just don't have words- please DON'T forget your notebook, right down every and anything. Honestly, call my Mom - that is all I am going to say, My Mom is/was an amazing advocate for Trent. My heart is with you as well as my prayers, I am deeply sorry- Diane I love you, Diane is such a wonderful, beautiful woman-

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are praying for all of you, everyday, and especially for Aunt Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers....

    ReplyDelete